Thursday, June 7, 2007

Valencia LOWERS rent?


I was walking by the Valencia this morning and was wondering if they ever rented that one-bedroom they had for $765. I got on craigslist and saw that now they have a one-bedroom for $750. If that's the same apartment (and I should make it clear that I don't know if it is), that means rent dropped $15. I've lowered rent on an advertised vacant apartment before if I've shown it a dozen times and no one has bitten--either I'm asking too much for the market or the apartment is hard to rent for whatever reason. Maybe the market is finally calming down. Or maybe I'm just totally off base here. You can reach the Valencia at 503-235-2442 if that apartment sounds interesting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Martin:

I was very pleased to discover your website--it's nice to see a manager in the area I live and wish to continue to live being so personal!

Here's the question of the universe: what is the trick in getting people to call you back after inquiring on their ads?! I've been surprised that, in the past month of looking, and after leaving some 20-25 messages, that I've received MAYBE 2 returned calls. This INCLUDES the ads that I respond to, then, after not hearing back, the ads are re-posted!

It's really frustrating--do you have any thoughts on this? Any comments you have would be valuable. Thank you in advance!

martin said...

I feel your pain, guyinpdx. Every three months I have to pretend I'm looking for an apartment and call up a bunch of places in order to do my Market Survey (to make sure my rents are in line with comparable properties). Some people call you back pretty regularly, some will NEVER return you calls. In 7 years of doing this, Wellesley Court has never returned my phone call. So yeah, it's quite frustrating.
I'll try and sit down and figure out a list of helpful hints for getting people like me to call you back and post it on the main page of the blog this afternoon or evening. Thanks very much for bringing this up!