Monday, June 11, 2007

2080 SE Caruthers


This picture isn't so great, but if you check out Reliance Property Management's page, you'll see a ton of great pics. The only thing that bothers me about this place is those gross-looking baseboard heaters from 1975. I don't know why people tended to rip out their old boilers in the 1970s, but I blame OPEC and (to a slightly lesser degree) The Starland Vocal Band. I love the idea of living on the ground floor without upstairs neighbors though. Built in 1926, this place is about 2 blocks from New Seasons and that Starbucks that someone unsuccessfully tried to firebomb a few years ago. I think their molotov cocktails were in recycled plastic bottles, so maybe their heart was in the right place. At any rate, they have a one-bedroom for $725, which is exactly $425 LESS than the one-bedroom for rent right across the street at the (failed) condo conversion building. I should note that parking in this neighborhood seems nearly impossible. 503-244-1359

No comments: