Monday, June 4, 2007

Lynnwood Apartments #208

UPDATE: This apartment has been rented.
Available approximately 6/15/2007:
This studio is located on the top floor of the Lynnwood Apartments facing west. It has a great view of downtown and gets a lot of afternoon light. It has a galley-style kitchenette with new appliances, walk-in closet, and a nice old deep bath tub.
I don't have a video of it yet because the girl still lives there, but here's a video of the one right below it, which is almost exactly the same.

The Lynnwood is located at 1634 SE Hawthorne. It was built in 1921 and has on-site management, laundry room, vending, and bike room.
$565/mo on a six-month lease includes water, sewer, garbage, hot water, and heat.
$40 application fee
$100 move-in fee
$200-$565 deposit depending on credit and rental history.
503-231-9169

6 comments:

Max said...

Martin,
I like the blog. Simple and effective. I am going to be moving to Portland at the end of July and am definitely keeping your blog bookmarked as a resource. I would love to live downtown in an older building. Thanks for the effort.

-Max

christa said...

ditto what max said!!

i'm moving to portland in mid-july and feel so fortunate that i found your blog today! i'm looking for a place near my new job, and i think you might live in the very neighborhood that i'm scoping out.

i'm visiting PDX this coming weekend to try to find an apartment. i'd love to talk to you a bit before i arrive... i'd be thrilled if you have a moment to email me directly.

Andrine said...

I stumbled across your blog from Craigs List (Sylvia Plath Apartment: very amusing). I'm looking for a cheap $4-500 studio or very private share for my college age daughter moving here in August w/cat. Ideally Belmont area or other close-in SE. I'll check back.

Unknown said...

Martin,
I really like your blog too! I am looking for a two bedroom in the belmont, hawthorne, SE area - somewhere around there - - do any of the buildings you manage have 2 BR in them?
Thanks for your help!
Monica

martin said...

Max: Thanks! Check back around the end of June so you can reserve one of the 30-day notices I'll have by then.
Christa: Also thanks. I think I just emailed you.
Andrine: Thanks too. Seems like everything's above $500 these days, but I'll keep posting all the shared stuff i see in the neighborhood.
Monica: Out of 143 units I manage, only 3 of them are 2-bedrooms so they rarely come up. Did you try Powell Gardens on 33rd and Powell?

Seph said...

Martin
Thanks for contacting me so quickly today. I have been looking and contacting apartments for weeks and you're the only one who has responded. I am not broken :) and I am a responsible renter. Anyway call it Karma that I came across your video of the Lynnwood apt. You rock!!! You would make a great owner...I now look forward to moving so much more. Nice people rule!!!
Cheers,
Joseph Rothschild