Friday, June 8, 2007

Ladd Apartments


The Ladd Apartments (just off 12th and Hawthorne at 1526 SE Ladd) has a studio available. According to their craigslist ad, it's a carpeted studio for $650. I've been in a couple of these units back when Aaron was the manager. It was sold to a management company a couple years ago, and I don't think they have on-site management anymore. I base that assumption on the fact that when you call the phone number listed (503-244-1359) you get an office instead of a dude on a cell phone. $650 seems pretty steep for a studio, especially a studio with carpet. It's a very pretty building, but 95% of the people I talk to will only settle for hardwood floors, and I don't really blame them. Maybe this studio is just gigantic. Hey, the Ladd is within stumbling distance to Ladd's Inn, which has a myspace page, of all things. I used to host Trivia Night over there, and Shalyna and Cora (the bartendresses) totally rock. UPDATE: They're managed through Reliance Properties, and they have lots of pictures up here. They actually have FOUR available apartments (studios and one-bedrooms), but it looks like they're all carpeted.

No comments: