Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Gainsboro Apartments


I found a cryptic craigslist ad last night for a studio on 18th and Hawthorne for $605, and I can only assume it's for the Gainsboro. They list it as managed by Hawthorne Property Management, but I can't find any info on them. I always thought that the Gainsboro was one of those "228-RENT" properties, but I guess I was wrong. I've been in this building a few times, and $605 for a studio seems a little steep unless it's one that faces west over SE 18th. If it's for one of those basement ones, then I'd steer clear. Their number is 503-481-3079.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

DO NOT EVER RENT HERE. Especially the basement. It floods excessively every year and the property management is not up front about this. These are the kind of people that will rent an apartment with mold in the walls and when you call them at 5AM because your apartment is filling with water the response is, "my workday does not start for another three hours."