Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Management Company Links

Since the purpose of this blog is to help you find an apartment, here are some helpful links to the websites of some of the various property management companies in town. Sometimes listings go up on the following websites before they hit craigslist. I'll update it whenever I find more helpful links. Just do me a favor and stay away from oregonlive. I should note that not all buildings in town are managed by property management companies, and are instead privately managed. Both have their good points and bad points.

Capital Property Management
Seems to be updated pretty regularly.

Reliance Property Management
Also updated regularly.

Professional Property Management

Dog-friendly studios and one-bedrooms in close-in SE.

Bristol Equities
They have some really nice buildings.

American Property Management
Mostly 1970s stuff, but some good finds.

Small company in SE

ADI Properties
A tour of suburbia, basically. Might help if you go to Lewis and Clark or Pacific University.

Rental Management Services
A couple of good places, but mostly stuff we can't afford.

Princeton Property Management
The biggest property management company in town, but because of that, their vacancies aren't updated as regularly as they could be. Full disclosure: I work for them.

Bluestone Hockley
Mostly another tour of suburbia, but one or two good finds.

KBC Management
Slim choices, but usually quality stuff.

Schaeffer and Assoc.
A few buildings in 97214.

Sunston LLC

Just a few spendy west-side places.

Housing Connections
Operated by the City of Portland, this has a lot of income-restricted stuff, although not exclusively.

Circum Pacific
Mostly NW buildings, but updated regularly. Thannks to Allison for pointing this site out.

Round Hill Pacific
According to Ariana, about a dozen buildings in Northwest Portland.

IPM
Finally found the link to their site. It's relatively useless as they don't update it and it contains no links to the specific buildings (that I can find, anyway).

15 comments:

Rod and Cone said...

FYI, Capital has some great properties, but it's really competitive. I was told I had to wait 3 days before I could see any apartment because the person who shows them was so busy, then the ones I was interested in were taken by people who filled out apps without ever getting a chance to see the apartment.

Unknown said...

another company with some pretty good buildings (most, though not all, in NW) is Circum-Pacific: http://circum-pacific.com/ ... they seem to update their website twice a week or so.

martin said...

Thanks Allison! I'll add that on here.

Wade said...

Martin, please, please help me find a rental with you. I love your use of technology, the stellar reviews on Apartment Rating, the use of you tube, and I also love your rentals. Email me at wbow1016@gmail.com - Any size under $900, with 1 45lb dog as the only pet. Nearly any area. I can't wait to hear from you.

martin said...

Wade, the only company that I know of in the neighborhood that accepts dogs is Professional Property Management. They are at apartmentrents dot org.

Unknown said...

There is a great company called Round Hill Pacific that has about a dozen properties in NW Portland. The really cool thing about RHP is that they take all breeds of dogs, as long as they are well-behaved, meaning your neighbors don't call and complain about your dog. Cool, older buildings in trendy northwest portland! http://www.rhp-apts.com/citypage.php?city=PDX

n.senada said...

thanks for posting these links, I am going to move to Portland within a month so maybe using these links I might be able to find a place to stay.

Elizabeth Brady Cabot Winslow? said...

Martin, everyone loves you. You sound like the best apartment manager ever. Is it true that there are no studios in the Belmont/Hawthorne area for under $700? I've been in LA for about six months and I'm going to hang myself if I don't get back to Portland immediately. I miss being a Pizzicato-employed slacker. But I'm afraid I've been priced out.

Sincerely,

Priced Out.

martin said...

Come back! First time I went to LA, I actually started crying after about 2 hours. It was my first time to a city other than Portland and Seattle and the way people interacted with each other just made me break down for some reason. And then the Northridge Quake happened and I was stuck there for 2 days. Since then, every time I go to LA there's some sort of disaster. Last time I went a landslide killed 7 people on christmas day. Not sure if it's my fault or not. Anyway, I actually still have studios that rent for $625-$675 on 16th and Hawthorne. Even includes heat. I have one coming up May 10th for $640 with hardwood floors. Maybe I'll put up a post about it today.

Unknown said...

Martin. Avid reader of your site, even when not looking for a new place to live. I need help and a prayer- esp. considering what I am looking for. I have a yellow lab, looking for a 700+ sq. foot place (apt or house), close-in, and hopefully not over 900 a month....

Mission impossible? Yeah... I was afraid of that. But I was hoping that you may be able to help? I would forever be in your debt.

Antiorder said...

We are looking for an apartment where we can have 3 cats (very well behaved indoor/outdoor) in the closer in Portland area. We are a couple, getting married, with stable employment. Ideas?

Rob said...

Hi Martin. Like your site. I wonder if you've ever addressed the concept of property ads that drastically overstate the square footage of an apt? I looked at 132 SE 18th, a big fourplex listed on Realty Management Advisors. They advertise it at 1200 sq ft. Well, I brought my tape measure. It's actually 950 sq ft. I understand rounding up, but 250 sq ft of rounding up? Would like to read your comments on this practice.

PropertyManagementArizona said...

Find rental Property in Litchfield Park , El Mirage, Buckeye, and Glendale with assistance of property Management Company in Phoenix AZ.

Unknown said...

I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect!
arizona property management

Unknown said...

Nice list> thank you for it. Here is another one that people recommend to me - http://www.walttari.fi/palvelumme/isannointi