Monday, June 25, 2007

Laurel Ash Apartments

UPDATE: Rented already.
Hey, I just ran into Kathy; she manages the Hawthorne Court and the Laurel Ash Apartments. She told me that she has a studio at the Laurel Ash coming up that is currently unadvertised. It's carpeted (ick) but it's huge (unick). Built in 1916, the Laurel Ash is an 8-plex on a dead-end street so it seems pretty quiet. The only downside that I can see from living in an 8-plex is the inevitable crazy cat lady that's lived there since probably 1981. And how you have to avoid her because she always wants to show you her commemorative plate collection. It happens.
Anyway, Kathy described the apartment as "funky," which is either awesome or seriously problematic. But for $530/month, you could do a lot worse. 503-233-8865.
As an aside, I think it's funny that Kathy has heard of this blog. Although, since she's not of my generation, she described it as a "log." Close enough.

2 comments:

Clay said...

I spoke to Kathy today about the Hawthorne Court Apartments (sadly, now rented). I mentioned having found the listing from this blog (which I love and am incredibly thankful for because it makes a search from Seattle easier).

martin said...

Cool! Glad I could help. I'll post it if her sign goes back up.