Thursday, June 14, 2007

Grace Villa Apartments


I can't find anything online about the Grace Villa Apartments, other than it was built in 1948. They have their "now renting" sign out this morning, and it looks like they have a one-bedroom coming up. I called one of the phone numbers on the sign, but got a commercial cooling warehouse or something.
I don't know what you call this architecturally, but I really like the corner windows because it looks like they allow for a lot of light. It's very rare that a post-WWII building appeals to me, so this is quite the anomaly for the neighborhood. Looks like they replaced the windows a few years ago with those high-efficiency vinyl ones, and I'm assuming the heat is electric. This place is right across the street from Col. Summers Park. It's at 1636 SE Taylor, and their number might be 503-654-4150. UPDATE 6/15/07: Kimberly has more info in the comments.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I called that number you have listed and it is the apartment manager. The apartment is $725, one bedroom- large, no pets, no smoking. No good here... I have 2 cats! The search continues.

Kim