Friday, June 8, 2007

1905 SE Morrison


I've seen this 5-plex advertised on craigslist a lot over the last couple weeks so I decided to walk over there today to check it out. They have a couple of units for rent here, but the ad linked above is specifically for the $650/mo studio. According to the mailman--and I figure he's just as reliable as any other source--the new owners are in the process of redoing the whole place. The outside looks pretty shabby, but the pictures in the ad look alright. If it were me taking the pictures, I would have painted over the graffiti and removed the almost-gone roll of toilet paper from the top of the toilet tank. 20th and Morrison is a pretty busy intersection, so keep that in mind if you call about this one. You might ask where in the building the apartment is located. Of course, they left no phone number.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Martin,
I have a question. I know a lot of apartments won't let there be more than 2 people per bedroom. Do you know if this is a law or just something set by each apartment complex? And if so, what is the occupancy limit for a studio apartment?

thanks,
monica

martin said...

http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/090.html

Click the above link and scroll down to ORS 90.262. You'll see that landlords can't restrict people to one person per bedroom. Nothing says they can't allow more than two per bedroom, as I understand it, but I'd get nervous renting a one-bedroom apartment to more than three people. As for studios, I've just always counted that as a bedroom, so I guess the answer is 2.