Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hawthorne Court


Hey, on my way back from getting a cup of coffee and a cinnamon roll this morning I saw that Kathy at Hawthorne Court has a one-bedroom apartment available. This is rare. If I had a building full of 60 vacant one-bedroom apartments in this neighborhood, I'd have it full in 72 hours as the demand for these is ridiculously high. In other words, by the time you read this, the apartment will be rented.
Hawthorne Court is a neat old 1920s courtyard walk-up. I've been in a few of these apartments, and they seem a little bigger than most one-bedrooms in the neighborhood. Some have carpet, some have the original oak hardwood floors. If I remember correctly, it has gas heat, which means that your heating bills are gonna be pretty high in the winter because of the original (yet awesome) drafty wooden windows. I'm not sure what she's charging these days, but I'd guess $725/mo.
Hawthorne Court is at 1650 SE Hawthorne. 503.233.8865
UPDATE 5/22/07: The sign is down, so the apartment is most likely rented now.

No comments: