Thursday, May 17, 2007

Curry Court

I'm an east-sider 'till I die, but I'm currently helping out a friend and watching over a building on the west side. Curry Court was built in 1978, but Jill bought the place in 2005. She gutted the place down to the studs and rebuilt the place using all eco-friendly materials. She's did such a good job on this building that she won some sort of award from the City of Portland. The Office of Sustainable Development even used Curry Court as an example of how to remodel, and one day a representative from each of the 50 states toured the place. That was a fun day: Fifty people in pastel pantsuits walking through taking notes and oohing and aahing.
Anyway, I currently have three large studios coming up over there. One of them (available June 7th) looks a lot like the studio in the video below except it has a recycled cork floor instead of bamboo.


The other two have totally different floor plans (bigger kitchen, smaller living area) and will be available June 7th and June 27th, respectively. I'll have videos of those once they're ready. In the mean time, I'd love to pre-lease these babies so let me know if you'd like some more info. I usually show them on Monday nights after 5:30. Once they're vacant, the showing times can be more flexible.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Could I have more information on these apartments? My partner and I are hoping to move in the upcoming months. You can e-mail my partner Katie at katie.j.clark@gmail.com. We're curious to know sq. footage, other highlights of the space and/or if anyone has agreed to rent as of now. Thank you!

Lithium Hum said...

My boyfriend and I used to live in unit #4 up until November of 2006. We LOVED Curry Court, but we needed more space than a studio could provide us - we're two people with very big personalities. We have nothing to say but WONDERFUL things about this apartment complex and the landlords. Jill and her father were kind, flexible, accommodating, and very friendly people whom I highly recommend renting from. WE were brand new to Portland, staying at the Hawthorne Hostel when we fell in love with this studio. Martin was tremendously helpful, as well as very friendly. The apartment is walking distance to downtown (I didn't like walking back because it was uphill) which makes it very easy to commute by foot, bus, or bike if you want to save mileage and money. Our experience with Curry Court was the perfect introduction to Portland's SW area.