Thursday, May 24, 2007

Apartment Ratings

If you haven't already found this during your search for an apartment, there's a funny website called Apartment Ratings that supposedly relies on former residents of apartment communities to rate their experience on a scale of 1 to 5. While I guess that website is a good idea in theory, it has some pretty major flaws.
For example, if you do a search for our zip code (97214), you'll only come up with four apartment buildings--and I run three of them. I found my Lynnwood Apartments on there, and someone has described me as "sexy and muscular," which is a slight exaggeration. I think I know who may have written that one. Only six people have rated the Lynnwood, and they're all positive reviews. I'm sure that there's gotta be someone out there that actually hated living at the Lynnwood, so that rating of 100% is pretty useless in my opinion.
Conversely, if you check out the ratings for Wimbledon Square, you'll see that 79 people have gone online to rate that building. While the sheer amount of ratings might give you a better overall picture of the building, I have a feeling that the management company would like to see that website go away.
Read through some of those ratings for Wimbledon. Some are very funny, some are scary, some kind of make me uncomfortable with the blatant racism. One of my favorite reviews there contains this gem: "The walls are so thin that STDs can pass through them." Ouch.

1 comment:

PulpLizard said...

i enjoy reading them. when i'm having a bad day, i read some ratings and it makes me smile. you should read the ones for the saxony apartments in dallas, texas.