Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Creston Villa #12, and a little incentive comparison

I have an apartment coming available in a couple days. It's a two-bedroom townhome for $775:

So yeah, there it is. Not a bad little place. It's always been difficult to rent apartments around xmas, but it's especially hard this year because of the crappy economy. So this morning I'm going around craigslist to see what other places are giving away to get people to move in:
  • Ashley Court is giving away 2 weeks free and a $150 Visa gift card.
  • 3609 SE 42nd is offering $200 off your first month rent.
  • 3430 SE 58th will give you one month free.
  • Madrone Acacia will let you sign a month-to-month lease or give you half a month free.
All of these seem like pretty good deals I guess.
But take a gander at MY SPECIAL:
Here is our special, and it is a good one: Upon move-in, you will receive a partial CD discography of obscure 80s band The Chameleons UK, including--but not limited to--"Script of the Bridge" featuring the hit "Up The Down Escalator," which reached #18 on the German pop charts in 1983. One might say it was their seminal album.

I think I know why I haven't been getting much traffic these days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I´m not sure I like apartments with two stories. The problem with them is that if you have al old person living with you, it may be hard for them to move around. I remember when I travelled to Argentina, I went there with my grandmother. I wanted her to know Southamerica since she had always dreamnt about it. From all the buenos aires apartments we saw, I chose the one that had no stairs at all. I asked the lady for one with those characteristics and she found itr right away. It was good that I didn´t have to wait with my granma there!