Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Where your rent money goes.

Exhibit A: This.
The above link is a craigslist ad for my favorite building evar, 2121 Belmont. Take a look at that fanciness. Wonder what it pays to be the guy or gal in charge of professionally setting up model units so they look good in pictures (maybe that sculpture/clock thingie in pic #4 was found a thrift shop, so perhaps I'm being harsh). Or how much they pay their tech guy to update that website all the time. Or how much it costs to put ads in For Rent magazine (I'm not linking to that because Avira says it's full of viruses for some reason).
My advertising budget is $200 PER YEAR. I haven't spent any of it since 2004.
Maybe I'm just jealous. Or maybe I'm stupid for thinking anyone that can afford $2700+ per month in rent cares about where their rent money goes.

No comments: