Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dangerous Phrases

I've been searching craigslist to see if this is still for rent, but can't seem to find it. But I did find this ad which made me nervous:
Spacious 1898 Victorian now available for rent! This is a perfect home for a professional couple. It has 2 bedrooms (the downstairs bedroom could be used as office, the upstairs bedroom has sitting area in front), remodeled bath, hardwood floors, high ceilings, elegant molding in the living room and dining room. Excellent location, quiet neighborhood, and you can walk to the New Seasons Food Market, and Hawthorne stores. (bold is my doing)

That's so close to saying that this isn't a perfect home for a family, or a single person, or whatever else you can think of. I'd probably be fired immediately if I put that phrase in one of my ads. Or maybe I'm just being too picky because of that fair housing class I had to attend last month.
Anyway, it's a nice house if you can afford $1650 for a two-bedroom.

No comments: