Monday, November 17, 2008

Win Stuff.

Okay, here's the email I got from my boss today:
Happy Monday!!
It seems like traffic has really slowed down so how about this idea to try and get a few more people through the door??? Let’s offer a free gift for touring the property…how about something in your Craigslist ad like:
“Have A Latte On Us” and get some $5.00 gift cards from Starbucks
“We’ll Treat You Like A King!” and get $5.00 gift cards to Burger King…hey, I just thought of this, that’s pretty good!!
And now the challenge…email me your ideas, and judges in the corporate office will select the winner. You won’t want to miss out on the grand prize for the best idea!! I’m sure that you can all come up with at least one really great idea. Please have these to my by Wednesday, 11/19 at noon. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!
Have a great week!

If you win this prize for me, we can split it. Best thing I can come up with so far is too close to that OB tampon commercial from the 90s to be appropriate. Really wish I had a link for that.

1 comment:

Eve said...

Hmmm... seems like this is more of a trick used for people trying to sell a product that a person doesn't really need. Kinda like getting a set of steak knives when you order NOW for that fancy vegetable steamer/noodle cooker that you just have to pour hot water into. Or getting a "free" compact car when you buy a minivan. I don't really need a different place to live, but I don't mind taking a tour for free stuff.
Anyway, in the spirit of the game... Instead of gift certificates, have some fresh baked cookies and warm drinks on hand when giving the tour. If you can bake the cookies inside the apartment you're showing, even better. You can get frozen, pre-portioned cookie dough from big box stores, and if you serve hot chocolate and cider you won't need to worry about providing other condiments. All you need is hot water. Plus, cider and hot chocolate are rather festive for this time of year.