Wednesday, June 25, 2008

2133 NE Halsey

Palisades Properties has an interesting 1960s 2bd with hardwoods in a nice neighborhood for $995. It's dog-friendly even. However, I'm noticing this new trend where you're actually paying a monthly rental fee for your pet. In this case, it's $25/month. I'm not really big on animals that you can't eat ("Is that a pet bunny or a food bunny?" my Mom was fond of saying), so maybe this isn't a big deal to pet owners. But I'd be pretty crestfallen knowing that my dog was costing me $25 per month. But whatevs. I think my cat saw me writing that line about eating animals and is now hiding under the filing cabinet.
Link to picture of property on google maps.

2 comments:

Eve said...

At least she didn't tell you she was cooking your cat after you looked in the oven one afternoon after school (it was actually a rabbit).

Molly W. said...

Hi - Your site is great. A fresh resource after spending way too much time on craigslist...

My name is Molly Williams and I am looking for a two bedroom flat for myself and 4 year old son. I work in Johns Landing and my son is enrolled at Child Peace Montessori in downtown Portland.

Having recently divorced, I am looking for a longer-term rental relationship, preferably 2-4 years. I have owned my own home since the age of 24, restored historic homes, and am an avid gardener. I am also extremely neat/tidy.

Currently, I live in the Ironwood neighborhood in NW Portland. I'm looking for a good fit closer in town to call home. I think I would be an ideal tenant but am having challenges finding a place that is dog friendly, has PDX charm and in the neighborhoods I'm looking.

I do have a 13 year old black lab. Montana is way past the puppy stage - not destructive and very comfortable to just sit at your feet. He is not a barker, chewer etc. I often bring him into the office with me. Having owned a historic home, I understand the reluctance to rent to someone with pets. However, I am a very conscious dog owner Also, I have no intention of adding additional pets to the family.

My ideal price range is $1000-1300. I am very interested in Johns Landing, Ladds & Nob Hill.

My time line is flexible regarding move-in. I also have references available. Any insight you could provide or introductions you might be willing to make, would be greatly appreciated.

Also, on a side note, I'm an MSU (1996) grad who spent some time hanging out at the Peanut Barrel in East Landing. Loved it! My other fav was Flat, Black & Circular - a great record store nearby.

My cell is 503.944.9218.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you would be willing to provide...

Molly Williams